In 2015, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for all countries to achieve by 2030 in order to transform the world for a sustainable future. There is a great need to raise awareness and knowledge about pressing global challenges that concern sustainability, amongst them human-induced climate change and global warming, environmental degradation, limited and recklessly exploited resources, poverty and unsustainable economic structures, demographic changes, etc. To facilitate the transition of the planet and the global society to a sustainable world, people should acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development.
In response to the challenges, faced by governments and populations worldwide, a lot is being made to thoroughly equip education as a key enabler of the SDGs. Much remains to be done to consolidate the transformative potential of the relevant national and international stakeholders including government agencies, academic and educational institutions, NGOs, experts, parents, and other active representatives of the public.
Since Critical Thinking underpins all the spheres of the sound and responsible life, the achievement of the desired SDGs seems to be impossible without raising good critical thinkers and skillful agents of a sustainable future. Our task is to facilitate pursuing the SDGs through the transformation and modernization of the related systems and structures, that will consequently support people to be active contributors to more peaceful and sustainable societies and develop a sense of responsibility for our planet.
Thus, SDL 2021 encourages scholars and practitioners to meet and exchange ideas and views in the Virtual International Conference format, stimulating respectful dialogue and affording an exceptional opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, networking, and facilitating partnerships across national and disciplinary borders.
- Raising global and national awareness of sustainable development challenges and the crucial role of strong global partnerships and cooperation as powerful enablers of achieving all the SDGs.
- Raising awareness of the existing European and global frameworks relevant to sustainable development and pursuing the SDGs.
- Bringing the problems and prospects of Ukraine on the agenda of the international and national stakeholders in the sustainable development field.
- Bringing together a diversity of experiences from across the globe towards cooperation for change and bringing in quality improvement in all the spheres of our lives.
- Global and national awareness about strong global partnerships and cooperation as powerful enablers of achieving all the SDGs is increased. The Conference participants increase their efforts in their professional capacities.
- A strong basis for efficient networking with the relevant national and international stakeholders including government agencies, academic and educational institutions, NGOs, experts, parents, and other active representatives of the public is established.
- The domestic discussion of sustainable development issues both in the academic and non-academic environments is vitalized. The world’s best practices in setting the key milestones to pass on the way to achieving the SDGs are adopted.